You need to sign out from Hotmail if you’ve logged in from public or friends device. You may also need to log out from existing account to sign in with different Hotmail account. Signing out from Hotmail, Outlook.com email or Live email is the same process.
Hotmail Sign out from the Web
It is to sign out from PC or desktop. If you use shared PC to use Hotmail, then it’s recommended to sign out each time after accessing your account.
- Go to your Hotmail Inbox.
- Click on profile pic on top right corner.
- You’ll see your name, email address and other options. Click on ‘Sign Out’.
Hotmail Sign Out from Outlook Mobile App
- Open Outlook mail app.
- Tap on Setting gear on top right corner.
- You’ll see your accounts. Tap on the account you want to sign out from.
- Tap ‘Delete Account’.
- You’ll get the option to sign out from that device only or all connected mobile device. (If you have more than one device)
- Select your option and tap ‘Delete’ now you are signed out from your Outlook mobile app.
You can uninstall Outlook app altogether to log out from the device, but it’s not necessary.
Hotmail or Microsoft Account Sign Out from Windows 10
- Open ‘Settings’ (‘Windows key + I’ or Search ‘Settings’ on Cortana or open Windows menu and select Setting icon.
- Click ‘Accounts’ it will send you to your account settings.
- Select the option ‘Sign in with a local account instead’.
- It will prompt to re-enter your Microsoft account password.
- You need to set up local account and PIN.
- Click ‘Sign out and finish’, and you will be logged out from your Microsoft account.