Hotmail login allows you to access Hotmail inbox, from where you can send, receive and manage emails. As Microsoft has unified, it’s login page, Hotmail sign in allows you to access OneDrive, Microsoft Office online, Skype and other Microsoft services.
Hotmail login interface is changing continuously. And even inbox is being regularly updated. All Microsoft emails are now Outlook Mail. Only your email address is Hotmail; everything else is changed to Outlook.com. You can login to Hotmail from PC/desktop, tablet, and mobile or if you wish you can access Hotmail via smart TV as well.
Hotmail Account Sign in from PC
You can login to Hotmail via a web browser from the desktop. Though, very old browsers do not support Hotmail login step. Check our FAQ below for supported browsers. The process is same for Mac.
- Step 1: Visit hotmail.com or outlook.com from the browser. (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or Edge or any other browser you like.)
- Step 2: You’ve to enter your full email address in login page and click Next.
- Step 3: Enter your password for the account and click ‘Sign in’.
- Step 4: You will reach into Hotmail inbox which is now named as Outlook Inbox.
If you face any problem while signing in, check whether password you are using is correct or not. Passwords are case sensitive, so ensure caps lock isn’t on without your intention.
Use Keep me signed in option
You can check the option ‘keep me signed in’ option while login into Hotmail. You don’t have to enter your password each time while logging. The browser will remember your credentials.
Hotmail login for the two-step verification enabled account
Any Hotmail account which is two-step verification enabled will require additional verification code if you want to log in from unknown device or browser.
You will receive this code via text or authenticator app. We suggest to set up authenticator app to receive a code as it is faster than text and will be useful even when you are out of network or in foreign.
Hotmail Login from PC app (Windows Mail App)
Instead of login from the browser, you can use Windows Mail app to access Hotmail from PC/Laptop. Generally, people use Windows OS with Hotmail account. So you can just open Mail app from Windows 10 and your account will already be there. If you want to add another Hotmail account or haven’t used one before in PC, follow the process below.
- Open Mail app in your device.
- Open Settings inside the Mail App.
- Click Manage Accounts.
- And select ‘Add Account’.
- Select the account you want to add. You can add Gmail, Yahoo Mail, iCloud or any other mail service which support POP/IMAP.
- If you want to add Hotmail, choose Outlook.com.
- You’ll reach into login page. Enter login credentials of the account you want to add.
Hotmail Sign in from Mobile
Access Hotmail from the Mobile device. There are multiple ways to Hotmail login from mobile. You can sign into Hotmail via mobile browser with the same process described for PC. You can use the mobile app to access Hotmail, follow how to download and install apps.
Hotmail Login Different Account. (Sign in with different a different account)
Sometimes you are not able to login to Hotmail because someone else’s account is already logged in. This problem arises when you use common computer or laptop to access your emails. Changing Hotmail user is not a big deal. Follow the process below to login with your own email ID.
- Open Hotmail.com, instead of Hotmail login page, you will directly reach into the inbox.
- Click on the profile picture of a logged-in person on top right corner. If profile picture is not set, you’ll see a human shaped logo.
- Once you click the image, you’ll see different options, click on ‘Sign out’.
- When the existing account is signed out, you will be able to login with your own account.
To avoid such problems in future, don’t click on ‘Keep me signed in’ option and ask your family members or friends to do the same.
Hotmail Sign in with alias
An alias is an additional email address that uses the same inbox, contact list, and account settings as the primary alias. You can sign in to your account with any alias—they all use the same password.
You can create an alias and sign in with. Login password and process is same for primary address and aliases.
Some FAQ about Hotmail Login
Question: Which browser support all Hotmail.com features?
Answer: For all version of windows vista service pack 2 or higher
- Internet explorer 9 or above
- Chrome browser 35 or above
- Mozilla Firefox browser 30 or above
- For OSX 10.6 or above
- Safari browser 5.1.10 or above
- Chrome browser 35 or above
- Firefox browser 30 or above
Question: Why can’t I login with the single-use code?
Answer: Microsoft has recently removed the single use code login option. Now you must use your regular password to sign in.