Fed up with unwanted emails in Hotmail? You can block emails in Hotmail if you are receiving emails from an unknown or unwanted person, emails claiming fake lottery prizes, advertisement or notification you don’t want to see. You can stop unwanted email in Hotmail with the following method.
Steps to Block Emails in Hotmail
- Login to your Hotmail account.
- Click on the setting gear beside your profile picture in the upper right corner.
- A list of the menu appears under Mail Settings heading, click on ‘Options’.
- In the menu which is on the left side, click on ‘Blocked Senders’ under ‘Junk email’ heading.
- Enter the email you want to block and hit enter. You can block more than one sender, but you’ve to block them individually. So type the sender you want to block and hit enter again. It’s hard to remember all email id, so open your Hotmail in the new tab and copy and paste the unwanted email.
- After adding all emails you want to block, don’t forget to click on ‘Save’ button.
Other ways to stop block emails in Hotmail
You can stop unwanted emails even without blocking them.
- Unsubscribe: If you are getting too many emails from different sites, then you can just hit the ‘unsubscribe’ button on the email. All websites are obliged to follow your unsubscribe command. You will not be receiving further emails from them.
- Mark as Junk or phishing scam: If you receive doubtful email, you can just mark that email as junk or phishing scam. Once you mark it junk, such emails will not appear in your inbox, and it will be moved into the junk folder, where you can delete entire folder at once. Junk option in just above email.
- Create Rule: You can create different rules in Hotmail. You can set to delete emails automatically from the particular sender. The email will be automatically deleted without you seeing it. You can create a rule by clicking on the three vertical dots upon email which is right beside the option ‘Move to’.